Enhancing the level of social inclusion of Youth migrants and refugees, co-designing policies through the setting up of consultative bodies at local and European level.
- Topic: Social inclusion
- Programme: AMIF
- Sector: AMIF-AG
- Project ID: 101037962
- Website: consultingeuthproject.eu
- Start: 01-01-2022
- Finish: 30-12-2023
- Total Grant: 674,774.10 €
Participating Countries: 8
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission.
This publication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
The project aims to support the setting up of consultative bodies of youth migrants at local and EU level in close cooperation with public authorities, aiming at involving youth migrants and refugees in active political life, co-designing policies addressed to migrants and refugees. Creating a system of European and local consultative bodies involving migrants and refugees in designing policies is the main outcome of the project, that will take into account the different frameworks of legislations of the different member States involved in the project, based on a multi-stakeholder approach promoted by a partnership composed by NGO expert in training and education, Universities, Municipalities and governmental LA.
The active participation of migrants in consultative and decision-making processes can contribute to their empowerment and long-term integration into society for a mutual and better understanding and improvement of the policy framework in each country. The project is also meant to provide, through close cooperation, the designing of policies that develop concrete awareness for the Member States that hosts migrants and refugees.
To be updated…
- WP1 – Management and Coordination of the Action
- WP2 – FACTSHEET & DESK RESEARCH
- WP3 – LOCAL CAMPAIGNS “INVOLVING MIGRANTS AND REFUGEES IN LOCAL POLITICAL LIFE”
- WP4 – HACKATON ONLINE FOR YOUTH POLICIES with INQUIRY LAB and target selection
- WP5 – CONSULTATIVE BODIES DEVELOPMENT
- WP6 – MONITORING, EVALUATION and QUALITY DEVELOPMENT
- WP7 – COMMUNICATION & IMPACT
- WP8 – “HANDBOOK, OUTCOME and SUSTAINABILITY LONG TERM”
🇮🇹 UNIVERSITA DEGLI STUDI ROMA TRE
🇬🇷 INNOVATION HIVE
🇲🇹 AGENZIJA ZGHAZAGH
🇮🇹 TIA FORMAZIONE INTERNAZIONALE ASSOCIAZIONE
🇬🇷 DIMOS LARISEON
🇸🇪 HOGSKOLAN I HALMSTAD
🇲🇹 SOLIDARITY AND OVERSEAS SERVICE MALTA
🇮🇹 ROMA CAPITALE
🇪🇸 INSTITUTO IKIGAI
🇪🇸 AYUNTAMIENTO DE ZARAGOZA
🇧🇪 European Migrant Platform
🇧🇪 MIGRATION POLICY GROUP
🇫🇷 D’ANTILLES ET D’AILLEURS
General objective is the active participation of migrants in consultative/decision-making processes that contributes to their empowerment/long-term integration. Their involvement enhances the cultural background/skills of migrants and facilitates social inclusion in EU context and in terms of active EU citizenship. The participative approach in EU/local consultative bodies involving migrants and refugees must lead to designing policies, that will take into account the different frameworks of legislations of the different member.
States involved in the project. In the long term this leads to:
1. Empowerment of young migrants to more actively participate in changing opinions.
2. Raised awareness by the general public’s knowledge on integration issues and sensitivity to the well-being of all their fellow residents.
3. Enhanced capacity/ exchange of experiences for public authorities for efficiently consulting/involving migrants